Manage devices from your desktop.
How to Install & Update Garmin Express – Map and GPS Updates Steps
In this article you will surprises on how to update the Garmin Map and GPS. So you need a few components for this to work. First of all, you need to GPS, We can see over there, and also the USB cable, plus the micro SD UHS one card. So we have a 32 gigabyte one here. And it works fine. The one pre-loaded on your DPS comes from the factory. So definitely doesn’t have enough capacity to do the update. So the GPS cables, the one that came with your GPS maps, otherwise you need to buy one that is compatible to your Garmin in connector. So, works when a Mac, and the PC so you do need to have either or to put to work. So indeed, take the micro SD out of the package and plug it into the back of the GPS, just like that slip it in, you don’t need to format and have that.
- Next you need to take the USB cable, the smaller part smaller side, and plugging in backup the GPS. So you notice that connector slipping in like that. Then if you were to put in a Mac or PC, then you take this other sigh just going to do a demonstration on the Mac, then you’re plugging it over here.
- There you go to set that up. So to do the installation, you need to look for the Garmin website. You can do a search or go to the garments website and look up automobile.
- So that’s the section,
- Then you need to download the software to get that Western update and sync your device to carbon express this takes a while to do so. You might want to allocate some time before you proceed ahead and update your GPS map so if you’re planning on trip, trying to do this ahead of time.
- So it’s going to ask you a few questions, and we do the installation.
- Please note that it sped up the video. So, this article will be shorter. But it takes a while for it to install and update.
- So since long right now, it’s completed.
- And we launched application. Garmin Express.
- Now, asks you to add a device.
- So, if you’re on a Mac or you’re on a PC. We both are going to see the screen added device, your GPS has to be fully charged for this to work. Then you plug the GPS, to the USB cable.
- Then you have a yes. For this to work.
- Sierra number come up. Yeah, hit that device.
- Partner registration ration set up ready to go into your product registration email dress blocked it out here of course.
- Next, got a nickname one mega close.
- Checking your data takes a while.
- In our case, it took over an hour.
- When update all the screen, accept the terms and condition.
- This does take a while, until you repair your device for software update.
- Its kind of restart your Garmin. You’re going to ask you, do you want to update the hit yes.
- As long update files.
- This one takes a while.
- Okay, something your maps.
Now you go, you’re up to date on the latest version right now. And keep in mind these may work for other Garmin GPS models as well. So we only did them on this one. Hopefully you find this article is helpful.